The vision of iron4u is to improve the care of iron deficiency and in particular iron deficiency anemia through the development and introduction of new innovative iron therapy solutions – building on the vast amount of evidence and learnings based on 50+ years of experience with oral and parenteral iron therapy.
- The characteristics of the iron complex should minimize the risk of free iron in plasma
- Iron complex size and binding strength should be designed to avoid urinary iron excretion as sign of free iron in plasma
- The iron complex design should promote fast removal of iron from plasma into the RES
- Administration should be simple, securing convenience – and limiting dosing errors
- Avoiding dextran related anaphylaxis by using non-dextran based carbohydrates
In iron4u these learnings, has been the foundation of our development strategy